Musical Festival Promoter
The Flash 9.0.0 plugin or higher is required to view content on this page, but was not detected on your browser.
Musical Festival Promoter business. Combine music and devotion to a cause as a music festival promoter.
Music festivals are extremely popular entertainment events across North America, and becoming a music festival promoter is an outstanding opportunity for the entrepreneur that is seeking to start a part-time business. The business concept is basic and you can get started by first deciding what type of music festival or festivals you want to promote; country and western, jazz, rock, or folk. The choices are unlimited, as different music styles appeal to everybody. Consider the following six-step process to establishing the business.
1. Secure a suitable location for the music festival, such as a park, beach, outdoor arena, or farmland.
2. Apply for and secure all required permits from local government agencies.
3. Secure performers and vendors for the festival.
4. Build alliances with co-sponsors for the event, such as TV and radio stations.
5. Assemble a volunteer workforce to assist in operating the event. This can usually be accomplished by joining forces with a local charity that receives a portion of the admission sales.
6. Print and sell tickets. There is a great amount of research and planning required to organize and host a music festival; however, once established the festival can be held annually and even expanded to additional communities.